The Monash team’s research and Ionic Industries’ technologies have been validated by extensive publication and exposure in authoritative media.
Published Journal Articles
- D.E. Lobo, P. Chakraborty-Banerje, C.D. Easton, M. Majumder, “Miniaturized Super-capacitors: Focused Ion Bean Reduced Graphene Oxide Super-capacitors with Enhanced Performance
Metrics”, Advanced Energy Materials, 2015, 1500665.
- L. F. Dumée, L. He, Z. Wang, P. Sheath, J. Xiong, C. Feng, M. Y. Tan, F. She, M. Duke, S. Gray, A. Pacheco, P. Hodgson, M. Majumder, L. Kong, “Growth of nano-textured graphene coatings across highly porous stainless steel supports towards corrosion resistant coatings”, Carbon, 2015, 87, 395–408.
- R. Khare, D. B. Shinde, S. Bansode, M. A. More, M. Majumder, V. K. Pillai, D. J. Late “Graphene Nanoribbons as prospective field emitter”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 2015, 106, 023111.
- P. Chakraborty-Banerje, D.E. Lobo, R. Middag, W.K. Ng, M. Majumder, “Electrochemical Capacitance of Ni-doped Metal Organic Framework and reduced graphene oxide composites: More than the sum of its parts”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 2015, 7,3655−3664.
- A. Thornton, A. Ahmed, S.K. Kannam, B.D. Todd, M. Majumderand, A.J. Hill,“Unified gas transport model combining specular, Knudsen and surface diffusion mechanisms”, J. Memb. Sci. 2015, 485, 1–9.
- M. Miansari, J.R. Friend, P. Chakraborty-Banerjee, M. Majumder, L.Y. Yeo,”Graphene-based planar nanofluidic rectifier”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2014, 118 (38),21856–21865.
- S. Martin, A. Neild, M. Majumder,”Graphene-based io nrectifier using macroscale geometric asymmetry”, APLMat. 2, 092803, 2014 – Special Topic in 2D Materials.
- S.J. Chen, B. Zou, F. Collins, X.L. Zhao, M. Majumder, W.H. Duan,”Predicting the influence of ultrasonication energy on the reinforcing efficiency of carbon nanotubes”, Carbon, 2014, 77,1–10.
- R. Tkacz, R. Oldenbourg, S.B. Mehta, A. Verma, M. Miansari, M. Majumder,” pH Dependent Isotropic to Nematic Phase Transitions in Graphene Oxide Dispersions Reveal Droplet Liquid Crystalline Phases”, Chem. Commun, 2014,50, 6668-6671.
- D.B. Shinde, M. Majumder, V.K. Pillai, “Counter-Ion Dependent Longitudinal Unzipping of Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubesto Highly Conductive and Transparent Carbon Nanoribbons”, Scientific Reports 4, Article#4363.
- R. Tkacz, R. Oldenbourg, A. Fulcher, M. Miansari, M. Majumder,” Capillary-Force Assisted Self-Assembly (CAS) of highly Ordered and Anisotropic Graphene-Based Thin Films”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2014, 118 (1),259–267.
- A.W.K. Ma, J. Nam, N. Behabtu, F. Mirri, C.C. Young, B. Dan, D. Tsentalovich, M. Majumder, L. Song, Y. Cohen, P.M. Ajayan, M. Pasquali,” Scalable Formation of Carbon Nanotube Films Containing Highly Aligned Whiskerlike Crystallites”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2013, 52(26), 8705–8713.
- D.E. Lobo, J. Fu, T. Gengenbach, M. Majumder,” Localized Deoxygenation and Direct Patterning of Graphene Oxide by Focused Ion Beams” Langmuir, 2012, 28,41, 14815–14821.
- M. Majumder, P. Sheath, J. I Mardel, T. G Harvey, A. W Thornton, A. Gonzago, D. F Kennedy, I. Madsen, J. W Taylor, D. R Turner, M. R Hill, “Aqueous molecular sieving and strong gas adsorption in highly porous MOFs with a facile synthesis”, Chemistry of Materials, 2012, 24, 4647-4652.
- M. Majumder, C.S. Rendall, J.A. Eukel, J.Y. LWang, N. Behabtu, C. Pint, T.Y. Liu, A. WOrbaek, F. Mirri, J. Nam, A.R Barron, R.H. Hauge, H.K. Schmidt, and M. Pasquali, ”Overcoming the ’Coffee-Stain Effect by Compositional Marangoni Flow Assisted Drop-Drying”, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2012, 116, 22, 6536–6542.
- R.K. Singh Raman, P. Chakraborty Banerjee, Derrek E. Lobo, H. Gullapalli, M. Sumandasa, A. Kumar, L. Choudhary, R. Tkacz, P.M. Ajayan, M. Majumder, ”Protecting Copper from Electrochemical Degradation by Graphene Coating“ Carbon, 2012, 50, 11,4040–4045.
- J.Wu, K. Gerstandt, M. Majumder, B.J. Hinds, “Highly Efficient Electroosmotic Flow through Functionalized Carbon Nanotube Membrane”, RSC Nanoscale, 2011, 3, 3321-3328.
- W. Gao, M. Majumder*, L. Alemany, T. Narayanan, M. Ibarra, B.K. Pradhan, P.M. Ajayan,“Engineered Graphite Oxide Materials for Application in Water Purification” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2011, 3,6, 1821-1826.
- M. Majumder and B. Corry, “Anomalous Decline of Water Transport in Covalently Modified Carbon Nanotube Membranes”, Chem. Commun, 2011, 47, 7683-85.
- M. Majumder, N. Chopra, B.J. Hinds, “Mass Transport through Carbon Nanotube Membranes in Three Different Regimes: Ionic Diffusion and Gas and Liquid Flow” ACS Nano, 2011, 5,3867-78.
- M.J. Green, C.C. Young, A.N.G. Parra-Vasquez, M. Majumder, V. Juloori, N. Behabtu, C.L. Pint, J. Schmidt, E. Kesselman, R.H. Hauge, Y. Cohen, Y. Talmon and M. Pasquali, “Direct imaging of carbon nanotubes spontaneously filled with solvent”, Chem. Commun., 2011, 47,4,1228 –1230.
- M. Majumder, C. Rendall, M. Li, A. Eukel, H.K. Schmidt, M. Pasquali, “Insight into the physics of spray-coating of SWNT films” Chem. Eng. Sci., 2010, 65, 6, 2000-08.
- M. Majumder, A. Stinchcomb, B.J. Hinds, “Towards Mimicking Natural Protein Channels with Aligned Carbon Nanotube Membranes for Active Drug Delivery” Life Sciences, 2010, 86, 15-16, 2010, 563-68.
- M. Majumder, K. Keis, J. Cole, C. Meadows, X. Zhan, B.J. Hinds, “Enhanced Electrostatic Modulation of Transport Through CNT Membrane by Diazonium Grafting Chemistry” J. Memb. Sci., 2008, 316, 1-2, 89-96.
- M. Majumder, X. Zhan, R. Andrews, B.J. Hinds “Voltage Gated Carbon Nanotube Membranes”, Langmuir, 2007, 23, 8624-8631.
- M. Majumder, N. Chopra, R. Andrews, B.J. Hinds, “Nanoscale Hydrodynamics: Enhanced Flow in Carbon Nanotubes”, Nature, 2005, 438, 3, 44.
- M. Majumder, N. Chopra, B.J. Hinds, “Effect of Tip Functionalization on Transport through Vertically Oriented Carbon Nanotube Membranes”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2005, 127, 9062-70.
- N. Chopra, M. Majumder, B.J. Hinds, “Bi-functional Carbon Nanotubes by Sidewall Protection”, Adv. Funct. Mat., 2005, 15, 858-64.
- M. Majumder, S. Mukhopadhyay, O. Parkash, D. Kumar, “Sintering and Crystallization Behavior of Chemically Prepared Cordierite for Application in Electronic Packaging”, Ceram. Inter., 2004, 30, 1067-1070.
- S. Mukhopadhyay, S. Dutta, M. Majumder, A. Kunduand S.K. Das, “Synthesis and Characterization of Alumina Bearing Solfor Application in Refractory Castables”, Industrial Ceramics, 2000, 20, 2, 88-92.
- M. Majumder and P.M. Ajayan,“Carbon Nanotube Membranes: A new frontier in membrane science” in: Enrico Drioli and Lidietta Giorno Comprehensive Membrane Science and Engineering (Elsevier Science), 2010, 1, 291–310.
- Abozar Akbari, M. Majumder, and Mahsa Tehrani, “Polylactic acid (PLA) Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites” in: K.K. Kar, S. Rana, J.K. Pandey, Technological advancement in the carbon nanotube (CNT) based polymer composites: Processing, performance and application (Springer), 2012 (accepted for publication).
- Mahsa A. Tehrani, Abozar Akbari, and M. Majumderin: K.K. Kar, S. Rana, J.K. Pandey, “Polylacticacid (PLA) Layered Silicate” in: K.K. Kar, S. Rana, J.K. Pandey, Technological advancement in the carbon nanotube (CNT) based polymer composites: Processing, performance and application (Springer), 2012 (accepted for publication).
- Ehsan Zeimaran, Abozar Akbari, Mainak Majumder “Polystyrene Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites”in: K.K. Kar, S. Rana, J.K. Pandey, Technological advancement in the carbon nanotube (CNT) based polymer composites: Processing, performance and application (Springer), 2012 (accepted for publication).
Published Conference Proceedings
- A. Tiwari, P. Chakraborty-Banerjee, R.K.S Raman, M. Majumder, “CVD Graphene for Remarkable Resistance to Corrosion Resistance”, Australian Corrosion Association, November 2012, Melbourne, Australia.
- S.J. Chen, W.H. Duan, F. Collins & X.L. Zhao, M. Majumder, “Effects of geometry packing upon the aggregation morphology of sodium cholate on the surface of carbon nanotubes” ACUN6–Composites and Nanocomposites in Civil, Offshore and Mining Infrastructure, November 2012, Melbourne, Australia.
- M. Majumder, Pasquali, 2012, “Harnessing Compositional Marangoni Flow in Depositing Nanoparticle Films”, Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American Physical Society, Division of Fluid Dynamics, November 2012, San Diego, USA.
- P. Sheath, M. Majumder, 2011, A comparative review of graphene oxide and titanium dioxide as photocatalysts, Chemeca 2011 Engineering a Better World, 18 to 21 September, 2011, Engineers Australia, Canberra Australia, 1-10.
- M. Majumder, N. Chopra, B.J. Hinds, “Gated Chemical Transport and Enhanced Flow Through Carbon Nanotube Membranes” 2006, Nanotech, 1, 106-09.
- S. Bandyopadhyay, M. Majumder, H.S. Maiti, “Field Trial Studies for Arsenic Removal from Highly Contaminated Ground Water using Ceramic Membrane Modules”, Proceedings of National Seminar on Desalination and Membrane Technology: Present and Future, 2003, Bhavnagar, India.
- M. Majumder and B.J. Hinds “Mass Transport Through Carbon Nanotube Membrane”, Special session on Nanotechnology at the Annual Meeting of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2007, Kolkata, India.; Won best paper (2nd place) award.
- Theo-Murphy International Scientific Meeting (Royal Society) on Nanostructured carbon membranes for breakthrough filtration applications: advancing the science, engineering and design, April 27-28, 2015, London, UK.
- “Miniaturization of micro-super-capacitors increases energy and power density”, Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI), Nov 12, 2014, Karaikudi, India.
- “Graphene at the micro-/nano-interface” Graphene Research Center, National University of Singapore and Monash University joint workshop Sep 29-30, 2014, Singapore.
- “Unusual Molecular Transport Properties of Carbon Nanotubes”, Annual Meeting of the Australian Institute of Physics, 2012, December 9-13th, Sydney, Australia.
- “Expanding the Application Space of Expanding the Application Space of Graphene-Based Materials”, Texas Tech University, Department of Chemical Engineering Seminar, 9th November, 2012, Lubbock, TX, USA.
- “Expanding the Application Space of Graphene-based Materials”, NT-12, June 24-29th, 2012, Brisbane, Australia.
- “Engineering with Nanocarbons”, Victoria University, Institute of Sustainability and Innovation, Victoria University, 17th March, 2012, Melbourne, Australia.
- “Supersand: Creating Water Security Through Nanomaterials” 14th December, 2011, Society for International Development, Ottawa, Canada (video lecture).
- “Engineering with Nanocarbons, PACRIM-9, 10th-14th July, 2011, Cairns, Australia.
- “Fluid Flow Through Carbon Nanotubes: Prospects and Challenges”, 4th November, 2010, CSIRO Materials Science and Engineering, Belmont, Geelong, Australia.
- “Fluid Flow Through Carbon Nanotubes: Prospects and Challenges”, 7th October, 2010, Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia.
- “Environmental Nanotechnologies”, Oct.1, 2009, Conoco-Philips R&D Center, Bartlesville, OK, USA.
- “Mass Transport Through CNT Membranes: Enhanced Flow and Voltage-Gating Effects”, April 6, 2007, Carbon Nanotechnology Laboratory, Rice University, TX, USA.
- “Nano-Scale Transport Phenomena in the Ionic, Solvent and Gaseous Regimes through Carbon Nanotube Membranes”, Annual Meeting of AIChE, 2006, San Francisco, USA.
- “Synthesis and Applications of Carbon Nanotube Membranes”, Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, 2006, Kolkata, India